Have students browse the anthology
Students can discover poems by:
- playing with Poem Roulette
- browsing through recently added poems
- finding poems that are 25 lines or fewer or that were written prior to the 21st century
- searching by poetic terms and forms
- exploring our list of poets
To help your students find the right poem, encourage them to ask the following questions:
- Which poems do I want to read again?
- Which poems’ lines stay with me?
- Which themes or styles am I drawn to?
- What poets’ lives and work intrigue me?
Begin class with a poem a day
Play a recitation video or choose a poem to read aloud to your class.
Ask students to select one poem to recite
Encourage each of your students to choose a poem for the classroom contest that resonates for them and speaks to their interests.